Tuesday, April 14, 2009

ATTENTION TEXAS COUNTRY MUSIC ARTISTS

NOTE: This is a proposal that I sent out to a handful of publicists, managers, and artists associated with Texas Country Music.

I am calling on members of the Texas Country Music fraternity to help pull off an unusual and elaborate fundraising/public relations initiative.

The purpose of this campaign – which is in conjunction with me running the 10th Annual Country Music Marathon on April 25th in Nashville – is twofold: 

• Represent Texas Country Music, which I love, in Nashville;

• Raise funds and awareness for Back on My Feet, a non-profit that attacks homelessness through running.

My monetary goal is to raise $2,620 for this incredible organization, but generating exposure for as many Texas country music artists as possible is just as important to me.

Here is my proposal:

• I would wear one of your concert T-shirts during the race. 

• We would pass out your CDs at your designated mile-marker.

• You would receive recognition in every news release that we send out.

• You would receive exposure on our web site, including links to your web site. (This also includes blog posts and Twitter messages.)

All of this would cost you a $100 donation per mile. (Two miles: $200; Three miles: $300 and so on.) Marathon distance: 26.2 miles.

One hundred percent of your donation will go to Back on My Feet.

I would also like to request an autographed shirt to auction off and have those proceeds go directly to Back On My Feet as well.   

Crazy, huh? You have to be wondering why.

I am the president and CEO of e-Partners in Giving, a company that puts an emphasis on giving back. 

Our company’s mantra is actually, “Never Stop Giving Back.”

I thought this would be a tremendous opportunity to put an emphasis on a lot of things that I hold dear to my heart.

• Giving back
• Homelessness
• Running
• Texas Country Music
• My company

Thank you for your consideration of my proposal. 

If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact me at 817-909-9256 or dmyers@epartnersingiving.com.  

Please also feel free to visit the Back On My Feet website at www.backonmyfeet.org or e-Partners in Giving at www.epartnersingiving.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment