Thursday, April 23, 2009

Josh Abbott Band Personally Justifies
This Wild & Crazy Fundraising Effort

I don't want to seem like a Texas Country Music "homer." I really like it, but I don't want anyone to think that I love EVERY SINGLE artist on the Red Dirt scene.

There are some artists that I don't prefer.

There are some that are OK.

There are some Texas Country musicians that I like and some I like a whole lot.

But there are a handful that I DO absolutely love. 
(I know...HOMER!)

Josh Abbott Band is one of those artists that I love. 

So when I got the notification from his management team that Josh would support our trip to Nashville...it turned into a "Good Night for Dancing."

This kick-butt band has personally justified this whole marketing/publicity/fundraising experiment. 

Josh Abbott has been in the Top 10 on the Texas Country Music charts for the last five weeks with "Good Night for Dancing." This beautiful ballad, performed with Charla Corn, is currently sitting at No. 8.

His song "Taste" is one of the sexiest country music songs....EVER! (Oh, trust me ... I know ... I'm proudly wearing my homer badge now.)

Needless to say, I'm excited as hell that Josh and his band mates are supporting Back on My Feet through my marathon this weekend. Special thanks to Bruce Kalmick at Ambiance Artists for making this happen.

LINKS:




No comments:

Post a Comment