Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Casey Donahew Band Provides
'Splash as Big as Nashville'

This crazy idea is starting to get legs, and I can't put my excitement into words.

The Casey Donahew Band has agreed to support my run in the Nashville Marathon this weekend. When I got the e-mail from his management team, I was speechless.

I just kept saying, "This is one of the coolest guys in Texas Country Music!" I was trying to explain them to my wife ..."Honey, I would love to drink a cold Shiner Bock with these guys."

In his song Hunter S. Thompson (Rocket Ship) ... he fittingly says that he's going to "make a splash as big as Nashville, Tennessee."

LET'S GO!

Casey and his band are a tremendous compliment to an already impressive lineup of supporters, that includes Darren Kozelsky and Johnny Cooper. (I would definitely go to that concert.)

Red Dirt Photos is the icing on the cake. (Thanks, Todd.)

We now have seven miles of the marathon (26.2 miles) sponsored, that's $700 going straight to Back on My Feet. 

SO AWESOME!

Obviously we're still well below our goal of $2,600, but they don't fire that starters gun until 7 a.m. Saturday morning. I'm remaining optimistic that more artists will believe in what we're doing and jump on board.

If they don't...I'll be proud to carry these guys to Nashville and let them be the spokesmen for Texas Country Music.

LINKS: 



No comments:

Post a Comment