Wednesday, April 29, 2009

NASHVILLE MARATHON IN PHOTOS


NOTE:
 Here are some photos from the 10th Annual Country Music Marathon in Nashville. (Click here to read the complete blog post – including all the gory and transparent details.)


PRE-RACE:
One of the first Twitter messages sent out that morning.
To read the entire thread of posts, click here.


PRE-RACE:
Back on My Feet getting a little "T-shirt Love," 
while I complete my pre-race preparation. 
(Putting a little Tiger Balm on the calves)


PRE-RACE:
One last wave of hydration before I head to my corral –
proudly representing Darren Kozelsky to start the race.


PRE-RACE:
Acting out one last time and giving props to DK 
for being the first artist to support our run.


THE STARTING LINE:
31,000 people ran the marathon or half marathon.


MILE 5:
Acting out in a crowd of runners;
wore Darren Kozelsky shirt until this point of the run.


MILE 8:
Red Dirt Photos sponsored Mile 5 to 8; 
still feeling good enough to act out a little.
 

MILE 18:
Since our PR Team missed me at Mile 13,
The Casey Donahew Band received a little extra love in the marathon.
(I "wore" their T-Shirt from Mile 8 to Mile 18)
From Mile 17 to 18, the shirt was so soaked, I had to carry it.


MILE 18: 
Changed into a dry Johnny Cooper T-shirt. 
If you look close, you can start to see the defeat in my eyes.
At this point of the race, I actually said, "I'm in trouble."


MILE 18:
Johnny's funky kick-butt T-shirt 
getting a little more love as I head back onto the course.


MILE 21:
Great shot of me struggling up the hill 
with Nashville in the background.
Changed into Josh Abbott T-shirt just after this photo.
(last photo taken on the course)


HOSPITAL:
(no caption necessary)


HOSPITAL:
Trying to keep a positive attitude as two bags of fluid 
are being pumped into my body.
Josh Abbott didn't get any "T-shirt Love" at the finish line,
but plenty in the emergency room.


HOSPITAL:
This wave of acting out is borderline fake, 
because five minutes later the tears were flowing.



No comments:

Post a Comment